Curo is hiring – Junior Java Developer
Curo is an exciting and innovative team based conveniently in central Edinburgh. We are a high-performing team led by some of the best product managers and architects in the business, and we’re looking for future rock stars!
Curo Enterprise is our next-gen product for compensation planning – controlling the annual salary and bonus award allocations for our FTSE 100 clients. Our product is niche, specialist and market leading, and has been designed by experts with years of practical experience in managing compensation review cycles.
To apply, please submit resumes to Dave Ball, Head of Development – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we thank all applicants that apply, we will only contact those we wish to pursue.
£25,000 to £35,000, depending on experience.
We are looking for a Junior Developer to join our dynamic and talented Agile software team working on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for full-stack Java/Java EE development including testing and Selenium automation.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development process, discussing requirements with the wider team and Business representatives
- Write well designed, tested, efficient code in a fast-paced environment
- Craft aesthetically and functionally flawless user experiences!
- Strong Java experience
- Commercial development experience designing and developing applications using Java
- Experience with test-centric or test-driven development
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- A good attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team environment; following style guides, version control, issue tracking, code reviews, self-discipline and self-motivation, and delivering according to a schedule
- Experience of UI Automation testing (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience in developing web applications using popular web frameworks (JSF, Vaadin, GWT, Spring MVC) including an awareness of accessibility, security and standards compliance
- Experience the Spring Framework and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with continuous integration, git and maven
- Accustomed to working in a fast paced, agile environment, debugging live client issues